I've been thinking a lot about some New Year's resolutions/aims for next year, I wrote a few of the more broad ranging ones down the other day:
- Finish my collection ON TIME. The deadline for my 8 outfits is the 4th of March, currently only 2 are fully complete….
- Get the patterns for everything in said collection written up and up on Ravelry within at the most a couple of months.
- Make some sort of a dent in my fibre stash. I have enough BFL/Alpaca blend for a cardigan so it would be nice to spin and knit that!
- More dyeing. It’s fun, and I’d like to be better at it.
- Use stash/finish things. Most notably, my Golden Wheat Shawl (an epic, 2m square beauty) is lacking only 3/4 of the edging.
1. Mens sock of my own design using Easyknits Merino/Cashmere/Nylon in Gun Metal (admittedly, these are already half done) - I bought this yarn at the Bothered Owl's Christmas Party to make some socks for Andrew, so far so good!
2. Father's New Socks from Susan Crawford's Vintage Gift To Knit, in Wollmeise 100% Superwash in Zenzi, and Wollmeise Twin in Ebenholz. These have been started, but may be ribbed back, I'm having some serious gague issues!
3. Climbing Mistletoe Socks by Jon Dunn-Ballam in Wollmeise 100% Superwash in Olio vergine (although I may need to make some adjustments to the pattern, as it calls for 3.25mm needles, which won't work with this yarn.
4. Fiori Di Zucca by Alice Yu in Wollmeise 100% Superwash in Single Malt - This is the yarn and pattern I was gifted as part of my Secret Santa gift from Trisha
5. Inside Leaves by Me (I think this is what I'm going to call it), I've already made a practice pair of this design for the show, but it needs a few tweaks. I'm going to use Wollmeise 100% Superwash (spotting a theme there!) in Frosh.
I'll add things to this list/cross things off the list as and when. In addition to the knitting challenges, I'm planning a self imposed book challenge, also along the 11 for 2011 theme. It's not that I didn't read 11 books in 2010, more that I want to ensure I read 11 proper books, Literature with a capital L if you want. I haven't decided on the complete list for this yet either, although I have a number of ideas.
But I won't bore you further, here's some pictures of my only piece of Christmas present knitting for this year, a hat for my Uncle Stu of my own design, as seems to be the theme of this year, pattern coming soon!